Okay so I'm a little late in updating this week but I'm still here!
Tuesday I hit 28 weeks and I am officially in my third trimester! It's such a strange, exciting and surreal feeling when I think about the fact that we are going to have a brand new member in our little family in less than 12 weeks. But things are definitely starting to feel more real.
On Sunday, John and I went on our tour of the hospital where I will be delivering. We both thought the hospital was really nice. The labor room was also very roomy and comfortable looking. I started to get a little emotional in there. It just felt very real and it made me even more anxious to meet our baby girl. I started getting teary eyed...that is until the lady doing the tour pulled off the bottom of the bed, pulled up the stirrups, pulled out a "squatting bar" and showed us the big red bag that was there to basically "catch" the placenta. Then I was just freaked out.
Although the delivery room was nice, I was not too impressed with the patient room where we go after the birth. I wouldn't say it is too small (for one couple) but it's not big by any means. The lady doing the tour said that they try to have everyone in their own single rooms, however, every once in a while "when there is a full moon," the hospital can get very busy and sometimes they have to pair people up. I literally cannot wrap my head around how 2 patients + 2 spouses + 2 babies (and sometimes visitors) would fit in these rooms. Although the chance of this happening is very slim, of course it gives me something else to worry/obsess about. There is 1 couch that turns into a bed for the father. So I asked John if we had to share a room with someone, if he was also supposed to share the sofa bed with the other father. John said that he would be willing to cuddle lol. At that point I was very grateful that my mom will be there with us because if I get paired up with someone, somebody is going to need to pitch a fit and since I know that Mr. Passive, Nice Guy John will not be doing that, my mom is the perfect candidate. She gets things done, plus she can be a bit scary lol.
Later on Sunday, John's brother Anthony and his girlfriend, Christine came over with their cute new puppy, Lily. We were happy that Charlie would get to meet his cousin Lily, however, Charlie did not behave too well. He was not happy about having a furry visitor in "his house" and he barked at her non-stop and tried to bite her tail. He loves human visitors, however, apparently K9 visitors are not welcome. He ended up spending the rest of the afternoon in his crate. We were very grateful because Anthony and Christine brought over the stroller that they had bought the baby! John and Anthony put it together while I read them the instructions and Christine handed them the appropriate parts lol...who knew it took 4 people to build a pretty simple stroller. Thanks again Anthony and Christine, I am sure we are going to get a lot of use of it!
Today, John was finally able to pick up the rest of the nursery furniture that was on backorder. Poor guy brought 2 heavy dressers up the stairs all by himself...the things he already does for his baby. They look absolutely beautiful in the room. The wooden blinds we ordered for the room also arrived today, but putting them up will be tomorrow's project. The room is really coming together! After tomorrow, all we have left to do is put in the crib mattress and the bedding (and of course all the baby stuff but I was just referring to the decorative stuff). I am waiting to post more pics until everything is done, which probably won't be until after the baby shower.
On a final note, my sister is finally coming home from Australia tomorrow! I've missed her! I was informed by my mom yesterday that my sister is bringing home 1 souvenir for my mom, 1 for my dad, 1 for John, 1 for me and 4 or 5 for Baby Lauren. My mom's exact quote was "now you know how we are all ranked." I've already been warned by several people that once the baby comes, I will no longer exist to people...I guess it is starting early, but surprisingly enough, I think I'm okay with it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment