Wednesday, August 31, 2011

30 Weeks (Sorry I skipped Week 29)

Well I'm back...sorry I skipped last week, it was just a crazy and busy week.

First, last Saturday my poor Grandma fell while getting off of the bed and she broke her hip. She ended up having to have surgery last Sunday to repair it. Fortunately, she did very well and they were able to repair it without having to do a full hip replacement. Unfortunately, she will have to be in rehab for a few weeks until she heals.

Then last Monday, I had to have a mole removed from my hand. This is the first time I've had to have stitches in my life (yeah, I'm an indoors type of girl, I never really got hurt playing sports or anything, mostly because I just didn't play sports lol). I was so nervous over absolutely nothing. It was an extremely easy procedure. The only part that hurt was the injection to numb it. I'm just sad that now I have to have an ugly scar. Thank goodness, it's only about 5mm and it turned out to be completely benign.


I was being such a baby about this simple procedure, I have no idea how I'm going to handle childbirth. Strangely enough, I am not that nervous about that (or maybe it just hasn't hit me yet). I guess I figure that if most other women in the world can do it, so can I. And if the pain is too much for me to handle, there is always the epidural lol.

Then on Wednesday, I had my regular check up with the doctor. She said the baby is growing perfectly on target. At that point, I was 29 weeks and measuring 29 cm. She said that probably means I will have a very average sized baby. This made me very relieved because John keeps teasing me that our baby is going to be so HUGE. I told him that just because she may have HIS huge head, doesn't necessarily mean she will be huge all over lol. I had also read in my pregnancy book that at this point, the baby is supposed to be starting to get into position. I was also relieved to find out that she is already head down...now I just am hoping she stays that way. I have to admit that although I am not nervous about regular birth, I'm completely terrified of having a c-section, and that is pretty much the only option if the baby is breach at delivery time.

So Wednesday started out pretty well, I was excited that the doctor's appointment went so well and also that the Taylor Swift concert with my sister and her friends was that night. So my sister and her friends came to pick me up and we had dinner in Torrance to avoid the crowds near Staples Center. John came with us to dinner but took his own car so he could come home after we left for the concert. Well, as they were leaving the parking lot at the restaurant, him and the car behind him hit each other while backing out. The next thing I know...John is running after my sister's car to tell me what happened before we left. I was too far away to see damage but John claimed it was "minor." Because I know my husband pretty well, I was pretty sure it was not that minor. Well thank goodness for car insurance because it was almost $3000 worth of damage. But...that doesn't change the fact that we still have to pay the $500 deductable...and also that we have had to get by with one car since Friday and will have to until this Friday. It has been interesting to say the least. We are lucky that I work from home a couple days a week and that his work schedule has just worked out so that the car has only been needed on opposite days this week. It's so weird because sometimes you can be at home with a readily available car and not want to go anyway, but as soon as you don't have a car there and you have no option but to stay home, it kind of feels like you are trapped.

So anyway, enough of the not-so good news. The Taylor Swift concert was a lot of fun! (Yes, I am 25 and I like Taylor Swift, don't judge me lol). She is a really great performer and sounds exactly the same live as she does in her cd/radio. We didn't have very good seats to begin with, however, we got very lucky that we have a great friend who works there and was able to move us up MUCH closer. We were on the side of the stage and we even got to touch her hand as she walked by after one of her performances. I felt a little old being there since I was with 4 eighteen to nineteen year olds and I'm pretty sure I was not showing the kind of enthusiasm that they were lol. I felt even older because I was so tired after the long day I had and being 7 months pregnant doesn't really allow you to stand for an entire concert without having to take a break. Nonetheless, I had a great time and I'm really glad John encouraged me to go by reminding me that I won't be able to do this that often after the baby comes.  There definitely were a lot of Mom's with their little girls there though, so who knows...maybe in a few years, I can take her with me :)

The best part of the week was definitely this past Saturday. We had a 3d/4d ultrasound done. It was so amazing to be able to see all of her little facial features, along with her hands, legs and feet. (If you haven't already, you can see some of the pictures on my Facebook page). This one is one of my favorites:



Even though it's not of her face, I think it is absolutely as adorable as the facial ones. It reminds me of that scene in the Little Mermaid where Ariel first gets her legs and feet and is stretching them all out.

The place we went was very cool. It is a huge room that fits up to 25 people. They project the ultrasound on a huge screen. We didn't have 25 people but John and my Dad, Mom and sister all went. John and I were a little disappointed that she slept through the entire thing even though I tried to drink juice beforehand. My parents and sister didn't seem to mind though. My Dad as especially thrilled because the baby looks a lot like him. She definitely has his nose and chin. John says that he knew she would look like my Dad's side because they have very dominant features. Even though they are soft, baby-like features, everyone on my Dad's side of the family seems to have them. She definitely did get some of John's features too though. This is all speculating from one ultrasound but it seems like she has his forehead, eyelashes (thank goodness, I was hoping she'd have his long eyelashes instead of my little short ones), big feet and long legs. I was 29 weeks and 4 days when I went in for the ultrasound and her legs were measuring 32 weeks and 6 days. I'm glad for her, I don't particularly like being short. John was hoping she'd have my tiny feet but it doesn't look like that's the case...guess we will see for sure when she is born.

Finally, I found a dress to wear to my baby shower! I am so relieved because this was starting to stress me out! I cannot believe it is only a week and a half away. I feel like my mom started planning it so long ago and now it's just around the corner. Now I am just hoping that these 9+ weeks that I have left go that quickly! I cannot wait!


No comments: