Despite being extremely tired, John and I went to dinner and to see Crazy, Stupid Love, which I really liked. Definitely a romantic comedy /drama but not your typical chick flick. It wasn't all predictable and it had a really good message. We are taking advantage of this time when we can spontaneously have a date night because we know it will take a lot more planning in the near future.
Saturday we went with my Mom and a couple of her friends to downtown to buy some baby shower decorations. That was fun and went really well. Then later that day, our friends Katie and Adrian came over to help us with some stuff. John needed help with moving the treadmill out of our room to make space for the bassinet and he also needed help finishing up building the crib so Adrian helped him with that. Meanwhile, Katie helped me with the letters for the nursery. Thank goodness she is creative because I had no clue where to start. The picture does not do the letters justice because you can't see the cute designs but trust me, they look very cute! So I guess this leads to the big name reveal lol (like anyone who doesn't already know really cares). Here is the pic of what is done in the nursery (we still have quite a ways to go) and I will explain how we came up with the name below. Also, please excuse the fact that I look like horrible...John forced me to take a picture...and as you can tell by the look on his face...Charlie was forced too.
So the pregnancy is still going really well...the baby has been moving around so much! It has been so cool to be able to share that with John now that he can feel her on a pretty regular basis (usually right when I am trying to fall asleep lol) but it seems like he is getting just as much joy out of it as I am. My only complaint right now is that this summer heat and walking around a lot is making my feet swell. It is not fun and not pretty. I am looking forward to the heat going away...along with all this extra water in my body!
I also did very well on my new healthier eating plan last week. I lost 4 pounds just by cutting down on my carb intake. Don't worry, I am eating, I promise that am not starving the baby, I just had to stop indulging in my bread and chocolate weakness so much. Part of the reason (other than the weight gain) that I needed to get it together is that I have my gestational diabetes test this Friday. They do this test on all pregnant women between 24 and 28 weeks of pregnancy and I really don't want to get GD. Too many carbs and sugar are not good for this! So wish me luck!
Anyway, so I promised my sister I would mention her in this week's post...she is in Australia for a whole month, 2 weeks of volunteer work with the animals and 2 weeks of exploring the country and getting to do fun excursions! I guess I kind of miss her...but only kind of j/k...Nique...Since I don't get to talk to you very much...I hope you are having a blast and call me when you can!
That's it for now! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:
Well well, another week! So I love the name choice. Lauren is very classic, and of course so is Sophia. Who's that annoying BF, Diana?! jk It was really annoying to walk down the halls at school and hear our name, then immediately turn and both get whiplash!
Well, if you wish, I have no objection to going by my middle name when we are together..(since your parents didn't bless you with a middle name) jk, jk ;)
Good luck on your GD. I will try to follow suit and cut the crap out! Despite all the walking I did in Europe, all the Belgian beer and chocolates did not help!
Nique, if you read this. H-E-L-L-O, and don't go to crazy downunder :)
Bisous!
Love the name! Can't wait to see what she looks like. Little girls are so much fun.
Post a Comment